Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Reason


Title : Reason
Rating : K+.
Genre : General.
Pairing(s) : Kirihara x Yanagi, onesided Yanagi x Sanada.
Warning(s) : Boyxboy.
Disclaimer : I don’t own Prince of Tennis. All right reserved to Konomi Takeshi.
A/N : Again, still draft. I like this one though it’s a bit.. weird? I’ll finish it!

-.-.-.-

"Ne,"
His kohai began. It's in the middle of summer, when the sun refused to reduce his light. Sweat covered most of their body.
The club activity just ended, and they are going home together.
Yanagi didn't look up. He responded with simple, "Hm?"
Kirihara grunted. He seems to be annoyed that his senpai isn't fully take attention to him, so he didn't continue his words.
Silence fell again.
Wind breezes, but it's not enough to beat the strong sunlight above. Sweat still drops.
Kirihara doesn't like silence. He doesn't like this situation, but he couldn't help it.
Finally Yanagi took a glance to his kouhai. He raised an eyebrow.
"What is it, Akaya?"
Kirihara smiled a bit, satisfied that he has his senpai's full attention. He closed his eyes.
"Ne, senpai. Why everything has to be a reason?" Asks him while placing his hands at his head.
Yanagi gave him a look. Kirihara doesn't return it. He thought for a bit, then speaks up.
"Because without reason, there's no goal."
Sweat drops from Kirihara's forehead, but he doesn't mind it at all. He's looking at his steps; light and slow.
He doesn't get it.
"Goal?"
"Yeah. Like, we're hungry, so we eat. We're lonely, so we chat. Reason is something behind our goal."
"Hmm."
Birds chirped. They are on their way home. Sky falls into sunny red; it becomes darker.
But he still doesn't get it.
"If that's the case," Kirihara looks up with serious face. "Then what is the reason I love you?"
Yanagi stared at him. His eyes still closed, but Kirihara could feel his gaze behind them; staring straight to his emerald eyes.
"Why should I know? It's yours to know."
"But I don't get it." He pouted. "I have no reason. And goal."
"I don't know about the reason." Yanagi crossed his arm. "But the goal, isn't it to make me return the feeling?"
Kirihara tilted his head.
"Do you?"
Yanagi shook his head, smiling sadly.
"Then I'm not sure." He said with a sigh. "Because even if you're not going to return it, I'll still love you anyway."
The older man chuckled. His kouhai can be cruelly honest sometimes. Kirihara's look on him again.
"Ne, senpai."
"Hmm?"
"Why don't you return it?"
Yanagi doesn't answer for a long time, so he continues to speak.
"I mean, I know that you like - love - fukubuchou, but you see, he's with buchou. You have zero chance."
He still doesn't answer. 
Wind blows a bit stronger this time, made his straight hair mess up a bit. He fixed it with his palm as he opens up his mouth.
"My answer is the same as yours." He looks up to the sky. "No reason, faint goal."
"Senpai." Kirihara took his arm. He held it tight. "Just give up already."
"Why?"
"You're worse than me. You don't even have a goal."
"Indeed." Their eyes met. "But you know, I'm bad at forgetting things completely."
"Then don't forget. Leave it be."
"Persistent, aren't we?" Yanagi smiled. "You love me that much?"
"Not because I want you to be mine, though." He kissed Yanagi's arm. "It's a release so you won't hurt yourself."
"You don't want me to return the feeling?"
"You say you won't, so I'm not complaining."
"You're interesting." Yanagi chuckled again, placing his finger in his lips. "Giving up the feelings, but continue to stay."
Kirihara grinned.
"Like you, I'm quite bad at giving up myself. Even more if it's related to you."
It's just a few more blocks from Kirihara's house. In a minutes, they will take separate way. Kirihara release himself from Yanagi's arm.
"Time sure is fast. It's already here.." Yanagi agreed with that. Kirihara gave him a peace sign, then smiled widely.
"It's nice to talk with you, senpai." Kirihara let out satisfied sigh. "Tell me when you give up."
"You're welcome." Yanagi said while threw his tongue at him. "Happy waiting."
"You're mean!" He laughs, then waved at him, going to their parting way.
Yanagi sighed. He silently agreed with Kirihara. He should give up now; at least, kill that sinful feeling to his friend.
But his heart refuses to give in. He put up a small smile, then whispered to nothingness.
"Make me, Akaya."

2 comments:

  1. Found you again~ (<--even though you're the one who gave me the address to this blog)

    This piece really stood out for me. I like the depth of Yanagi and Akaya's conversation. I like how you make Akaya a person who is capable of having a debate with Yanagi. He can't just win in tennis, right? (lol)

    Also, this piece reminds me of a SanaYuki and AkaYana doujinshi. I don't know if you've seen it before. It's pretty old, and the artist likes to draw her characters with like, really pointy chins (enough to stab people). And, in particular, this piece reminds me of a short comic she did called, "Drown in Self-Hatred" or something like that. It was in Yanagi's POV. About how he likes Sanada, and Akaya tells him to stop abusing himself. (Um, do you know what I'm talking about?)

    Hope to see more deep stuff from you~


    PS I'm wondering if you will get this comment through notification. Like ff.net emails you when you have PM, but is there such a feature for this blog thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for the late reply! Have been quite off lately ><

      Noo you found me ~ *smacked*
      Akaya is smarter than what everyone think; even smarter when he's with Yanagi. They are kind of, influencing each other? So they can stand as an equal.

      Ah! That doujinshi from Shinagawa Kaoruko? But isn't it Akaya POV? I kind of pitying Akaya there.
      Come to think of it, maybe I kind of influenced by that doujin. It's my favorite setting; Yanagi likes Sanada, and Akaya chase after Yanagi. Blame Yanagi for always say 'Genichirou Genichirou' all the time. Of course he hides his feeling, knowing that Sanada won't look at anyone but Yukimura. That guy really likes to keep things for himself, isn't he.
      ((but for me, Akaya is better at hiding his own feeling, don't know why :))

      I'm not sure if I can write more logical or deep fics, but I'll try! :DD

      PS I changed the comment setting. Not through email, but LJ. Usually LJ connected with email, right? Do you get the notification now?

      Delete